Belt Book Admin Page
Belt Book Sixth Edition Users
- Click here to download a comparison of the Fifth and Sixth Editions
- *In the Sixth Edition there are some references to information in Chapter 6 of the Fifth Edition, click here to download a copy.
As with any major printing, some errors were discovered after the document was printed. We posted errata notices here while we prepared the second printing.
Click Here to download all changes for the First Printing.
PROCEDURE TO COPY TABLES OR GRAPHICS FROM THE BELT BOOK CD
- The tables, formulas, and graphics in the CD are at 600 DPI and if you would like to copy any of this information for another document or presentation, use the graphics select feature in the Adobe Acrobat Reader to outline the item you wish to copy.
- Then use the zoom feature to enlarge the item you wish to copy.
- Then copy and paste it to the application. You will see that the clarity of the pasted item is a function of the screen enlargement you used.
Pg 51 Equations 3-7 and 3-8: Last faction should include a “g” component. Also, a short note was to be added.
Pg 60 Figure 4.9 the formula dm x BW should read bd x BW - Click here for the correction
Pg 61 – Area of the Trapezoid, formula has a + where there should have been a - Click here for the correction.
Pg 123 – Figures 6.46 and 6.47 have errors in the formulas and calculations - Click here for the correction
Pg 132 Bottom – Fig 6.61: The Te in the equation should read Delta Te as stated in the last line of the text above it – Click here for the correction
Pg 200 – Mechanically Fastened Splice Advantages – Delete item 4 - Click here for the correction
Pg 221 – Rubber Lagging Hardness – 45 or 60 should read 45 to 60 – Click here for the correction
Pg 246 – Horizontal Curves – Second Equation Corrected – Click here for the correction
Pg 372 – Height of Skirtboard – “aa” measurement correction – Click here for the correction
Pg 550 (562 in PDF)- Ai = Dimensionless factor from table F-3 should read table C-3 – Click here for the correction
How can you provide input to the Seventh Edition of the Belt Book or identify errata in current edition’s second printing?
- You can click the following link to download a “Belt Book Change Request Form”
- And e-mail it to: Phil Hannigan